Is your closet overflowing but you never have anything to wear? Does it take you forever to find things? Is opening your closet doors and dressers drawers daunting at best? Yes, yes, yes?
Time to get real and get organized.
- If it is stained, torn, worn out, has an odor or damaged beyond repair- then trash it. Sometimes you just have to let go.
- There’s a time and place for everything. You may want to consider moving away from clothing that is not age appropriate.
- You haven’t worn it recently or maybe never at all and realistically you never will. Be honest, it’s time to say goodbye.
- A size too big or a size too small equates to too little room for what actually does fit.
- If you don’t like it you don’t need it. Why keep anything that you don’t like?
- Your clothing should make you feel beautiful and confident. If it doesn’t make you feel great, then out it goes.
- If it is no longer your style then it has no place in your closet. Break-ups are heartbreaking but life must go on.
Katie Anderson of modern-eve.com has put together an editing tree which I found incredibly insightful. Check it out: How to Successfully Purge Your Wardrobe.